- Community Multimodal Communication (Bergstrom 2017)
- Interdisciplinary Exploration (Milian 2017)
- Multimodality and Its Potential (Woodcock 2017)
- Public, Pragmatic, and Beyond (Kumler 2017)
- Public Scholarship & "Making" (Grimmer 2017)
Assignment Prompts & Sequences
- Campaign Research Conference Sequences (Grimmer 2017; two integrated sequences including reading for multimodality, intertextuality, and pitch components)
- Open Multimodal Project Sequence (He-Weatherford 2017)
- Media, Visual, Defamiliar Sequence (Kumler 2017)
- Multimodal Social Media Campaign Sequence (Kumler 2017)
- Syllabus, Glossary, Poster Sequence (Milian 2017)
- Podcast Sequence (Milian 2017)
- Joining a Discourse Community Sequences (Bergstrom 2017)
- Genre & Non-Traditional Essay Sequences (Woodcock 2017)
Class Plans & Activities
- Rhetorical Decisions (Kumler 2017)
- Aural Mode (Milian 2017)
- Source Synthesis & Evaluation (Bergstrom 2017)
- Intro to Multimodality Prezi (Woodcock 2017)
- Compose, Design, Advocate, 2nd ed. (Wysocki and Lynch 2013). Focuses on combining written, oral, and visual modes.
- Digital Writer (Morey 2016)
- New Media Writer (Morey 2016), by Sean Morey. Textbook has accompanying student website.
- Understanding and Composing Multimodal Projects (DeVoss 2015). Supports multimodal writing/rhetoric with a focus on digital media and helpful discussions of fair use and copyright.
- Writer/Designer (Arola, Ball, and Sheppard 2014). Supports a multimodal writing/rhetoric course with a focus on digital media; request immediate instructor access to view the textbook's online resources for students.
- Books, Articles, and Online Resources for Teaching Multimodal Composition
- Campus Support and Online Tools for Making Multimodal Compositions